- 6 eggs
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 star anise
- 1 teaspoon cracked peppercorns
- 2 teabags or 2 tablespoons of tea
- 2 teaspoons sugar
1. Put the eggs in a pot and cover with water. Bring water to a boil and boil for about 2-3 minutes.
2. Remove eggs, add all other ingredients to the pot.
3. Lightly tap the eggs with a knife to crack the shell.
4. Place eggs back in pot and simmer for an hour and a half to three hours.
5. Drink a beer.
6. Enjoy these cool looking and tasty eggs!
Credit goes to Tastespotting.com and About.com for info about this dish.